Monday, November 21, 2011

Overly Critical Thinking

I spent seven full hours today getting 34 yearbook pages ready to ship, and really, I was primarily working on about 24 pages, since I'd edited 10 ahead of time. I fixed loads of name spellings (That's Caitlan, not Katelyn), recropped awkward pictures (really, I think Tavon would prefer to have that hand attached), and tried to free trapped white space. And when the yearbook arrives in May...I'll hear:

A) Words of praise
B) Ooohs and Aaahs
C) Kids complaining about errors

If you picked C, you're correct, because while students don't generally enjoy going to the extra effort to dot the i's and cross the t's, they sure are happy to tell me about it when I miss it.

The next deadline falls in December, when I don't have an in-service day to devote to it, so...good luck, kids; it's your turn now.







No comments:

Post a Comment